Monday, June 7, 2010

Yo, ho, yo, ho, carebear tears for me!

Yesterday I got a text message from a corpmate telling me my presence was required for some quality, carebear exploiting, newb life ruining, yo hoing, yar harring, piratey adventures. Well, who could resist that call?


I logged on and took the pod express to a system that our corp frequently "vacations" in to pirate. I didn't have too long to stay, but I figured I would hang out with the gang for a while and get some kills. Like always, when hunting in a high traffic low sec system, we had alt scouts in both neighboring systems so we could set up on in gates when targets jumped in. Our scout in the neighboring high sec system told us that a drake was autopiloting to the in gate to our system. We set up on the in gate and waited for him to jump in. Instead of jumping in, he just sat on the gate at 0 for a while, with our alt scout sitting as well in an Iteron. Our alt decided to play bait and jumped into to the low sec system hoping the drake would follow. Sure enough he jumped through. As soon as he decloaked we had him locked and pointed. Our dps started tearing away at his tank, I had a web but no mwd on my drake. Fail. I slow boated it down to him as he was re aproaching the gate and after what felt like an eternity, FINALLY got a web on him to slow his approach. Too little too late. He made it back to the gate and jumped through (back into a high sec system, or else we would have had someone waiting to tackle on the other side). We lost the drake kill. The no mwd was a fail in this case, but it's a toss up. I intentionally didn't fit one because I would rather have a better buffer against gate guns when attacking in low sec, its a roll of the dice, sometimes no problem, sometimes I can't get a freakin web on in time. In retrospect I though it may have been a better idea to have the gang jump into the next system in the pipe and sit on the in gate. We would have our bait jump through and hope the drake followed, that way we could leave a tackle on the other side ping ponging him between two low sec systems until he died. That would have been a gamble as well, no guarantee he would have followed the bait to the next system.


30 minutes later, we were graced with several stealth bombers, shuttles, and cloaky haulers passing through system. I couldn't help but saying on comms "Somebody make an evewide announcement to these people to come in something we can actually kill!!!". Now I must admit, I've never really been what you would want to call a "believer", but I want all of you to know that the EVE Gods HEARD ME!!!!


Our high sec scout reported a badger II about to jump into the system. Not the most glorious thing to kill, but hey its something, and he could have something juicy in the cargohold. He had already jumped into system before we could get on the in gate so we warped to the out gate preparing to jump through and wait for him. When we landed on the out gate our scout in the next system yelled on comms "holy sh**!!". "What what?" A navy geddon just landed on the gate! our gang jumped through, I held on the other side to tackle just in case he got to the gate and jumped through. Then the completely unexpected happened. We hoped we might get lucky, but we never though we would get THIS lucky with this guy. HE AGGRESSED OUR HICTOR PILOT who was GCC on the gate! Our gang told me he was aggressed and I jumped through just in time to lock him up and get on the mail! The navy geddon went down in smoke....A LOT faster than any body expected. Look at the kill mail and you will quickly understand why. Shield booster on a navy freaking Geddon FOR THE WIN!!!! L.M.A. freakin.O. Hey, at least he had a expanded cargo hold in the lows!!! We all laughed.....hard. Even as he through up his tears in local!!! Needless to say we were called a lot of names! haha. That made my week!


Soon after that my time had come, I had to take off. The gang subsequently killed a Gila and an Orca.

That's all the adventure for today....until next time.

"Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions." -Niccolo Machiavelli

-Agro

No comments:

Post a Comment